BLOG

Welcome to my blog site. Please visit the blog below to read about my adventures abroad. Then choose any of the galleries on the right to view my art work. Don't miss the latest gallery addition, Digital Art. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Coroico


Coroico is in the north Yungas area of Bolivia. It is a very small town in the high jungle of the Andes Mountains. This photograph was taken from Hotel Esmarelda, where we stayed. Marina, my Bolivan friend and president of Alma de los Andes, and I took a minibus to Coroico. A minibus is essentially a converted van that holds about 14 people and is the main form of transportation in Bolivia. A new paved road has been constructed from LaPaz to Coroico, and I must say that this road is a far sight better than the dirt road I took seven years ago!

Once in Coroico, Marina and I took a taxi to the small village of Tocana. This was a very small and winding dirt road, and we shook like a martini getting there. But the trip was well worth it. We had the chance to visit with several of the women and delivered some much needed supplies to the one room school house.

We also had a chance to visit a local animal sanctuary, where we saw monkeys, parrots, turtles, and many other animals that have been saved due to the work of the owner and numerous volunteers. All in all, my trip to Bolivia was wonderful. In my next blog, I will post some pictures of Tocana and the animal sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment